Minnesota Workplace Injury Lawyer
Many types of injuries can occur while on the job. Broken bones, amputation, head injuries, back injuries, and burn injuries are just some of the injury types that can result from an accident. The moment that you are injured, it is very important to report the injury to your employer. This involves filling out a form and you will need to fill out a workers’ comp claim.
At the Law Office of Joshua Borken, you can receive the help you need with your workers’ compensation claim. While you are entitled to workers’ comp for the injury sustained at your place of work, being entitled doesn’t mean you are going to get compensated on time and correctly. This is where an experienced St. Paul workers’ compensation lawyer comes into play. Learn more about why you need a work comp attorney.
Causes Of Workplace Injuries
There are different causes of workplace injury. Those causes include:
- Carpal tunnel
- Repetitive stress injury
- Burns and electrocution injury
- Wrongful death and fatal accidents
- Lifting injuries
- Back and neck injury
- Amputation and loss of use of limb
- Weak scaffolding or hazardous surfaces resulting in falls
- Chemical exposure resulting in burns or long-term illness
- Animal bites
- Auto accidents
- Construction equipment accidents
- Proper safety equipment not being made available
- Proper safety warnings not being posted
- Defective equipment
- Employer negligence
Such events as chemical exposure can result in illnesses, such as lung cancer. Many times, the illness may not show itself until years later. This doesn’t mean that some kind of compensation cannot be received since it is a workplace injury.
Getting The Compensation You Are Entitled To
Although it may not seem like it, the law is on your side. Minnesota’s work comp laws are designed to give injured workers fixed monetary awards that help them pay their living expenses and ensure medical treatment. There are specific functions of these laws. Those functions are:
- Eliminating litigation against employers when workplace injuries occur
- Providing benefits to the dependents of workers killed while on the job
- Eliminating the liability of co-workers that may have caused the accident
- Protecting employers and fellow workers financially by limiting the amount of money that can be recovered
To ensure your rights are exercised, a Minnesota work compensation lawyer can make a considerable difference in your claim. You don’t have to navigate the process alone and you have an advocate fighting for your right to full compensation while you concentrate on your well-being and not the legalities.
Contact A St. Paul Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
There are many types of injuries that can occur on the job, depending on the type of job that you do. Accidents can result in burns, broken bones, soft tissue injuries, head injuries, back injuries, and more. If you have been injured on the job and need to obtain workers’ compensation, the Law Office of Joshua Borken is there to help you. To learn more about what can be done for you and your options, call today at (651) 505-3580 to receive a free consultation.