With an uncle and older brother who are both lawyers, Joshua wanted to follow in their footsteps from a young age. In addition, his mom was a union representative, and he saw the pride she took in protecting the rights and interests of others. Becoming a lawyer helped Joshua continue the family tradition of helping others.
Raised in Bloomington, Minnesota, Josh received his Bachelor of Arts degree in political science from the University of Minnesota. During college, he completed multiple internships in the Minnesota State legislature, including a turn on the Public Safety Finance Committee.
He went on to attend Hamline University School of Law, where he received his Juris Doctor. In addition to making the Dean’s List four semesters in a row, Josh also represented clients with employment law claims in the school’s clinic program.
Josh has represented employers and insurance companies in workers’ compensation claims. He has learned their tips and tricks and is now using those tactics to help injured workers fight back. In his free time, Josh umpires little league and senior men’s league baseball games. He also enjoys attending Twins games, going to concerts, running, and listening to music.
Workers’ Compensation Case Results
- Settled retraining case for injured union laborer who underwent lumbar spine surgery for $185,000.
- Successfully obtained permanent total disability and supplementary benefits for Hibbing utilities worker.
- Successfully defeated City’s allegation of fraud against firefighter. Reversed City’s denial of knee surgery and wage loss benefits with fully favorable verdict.
- Reversed denial of detached retina injury to barista and obtained reimbursement of client’s out of pocket expenses incurred from eye surgery, payment of wage loss and a 7% PPD rating.
- Reversed denied heart injury claim with fully favorable verdict.
- Reversed insurance company’s discontinuance of wage loss, vocational rehabilitation and medical benefits for office cubicle builder with low back and right leg injuries with fully favorable verdict.
- Settled multiple insurance companies’ denials of partial knee replacement and rotator cuff repair surgery and wage loss benefits for boat mechanic who had been repairing boats for over 20 years in the amount of $125,000.00.
- Settled insurance company’s denial of lumbar fusion surgery for certified nurse’s assistant in the amount of $69,000.
- Obtained total knee replacement surgery for Hibbing mine worker.
- Settled insurance company’s denial of permanent total disability benefits for warehouse worker’s ankle injury in the amount of $150,000.
- Reversed denial for repetitive assembly line worker shoulder injury. All medical bills awarded.
- Reversed insurance company’s denial of low back injury for Iron Range high school custodian. Medical expenses awarded.