Falls Are Serious. We Can Help You Obtain Compensation.
Falls happen on the job for many reasons, and most of the time, they are preventable. A person can fall because of a slippery spot on a floor due to a spill. They can also fall from great heights when working on scaffolding, working on utility poles from ladders or bucket trucks, or working with items on high shelving in warehouses. There are many opportunities for falls in any type of occupation.
If you have suffered injuries from a work-related fall, you may be able to receive workers’ comp benefits. Workers’ compensation can provide you with the replacement of a percentage of your wages, medical benefits and occupational assistance in the way of learning a new field of work if you are unable to return to the existing one. With the help of an experienced St. Paul workers’ comp attorney, you increase your chances of being approved for these benefits.
Experience With Different Types Of Fall-Related Injuries
At the Law Office Of Joshua Borken, clients have come through who have suffered from different types of fall-related injuries. These injury types include:
- Broken hip – A person can break a hip in a fall of any type. A person can slip and fall on a wet floor, trip over an obstacle, or fall from an elevated surface.
- Head injuries – When a person falls, their head can hit an object or the floor, resulting in skull fractures, concussions, cuts and even traumatic brain injury.
- Broken spine – If a worker falls from a great height, it is possible for them to break their spine, resulting in paralysis.
- Broken neck – If a worker lands on their head or in a way that causes an impact on their cervical spine or causes the cervical spine to snap, a broken neck can result and lead to paralysis.
- Broken bones – Any bone in the body can be broken in a fall. Depending on the severity of the break, it could require surgery to repair.
Helping You Heal
When you have an experienced St. Paul workers’ comp attorney working with you, you have the opportunity to heal the way you should, rather than impede that healing with worries about finances or how you are going to afford the medical care that you need to recover. With workers’ comp benefits, all you need to focus on is your well-being, the well-being of your family and getting back to earning a full wage.
Get A Free Consultation Today
Accidents that cause falls may not seem overly serious, but the resulting injuries can be devastating. For instance, a broken hip can result in surgery and a long period of healing. There is also the fact that falls, especially those suffered by construction workers, can occur at great heights. If you have been injured in a falling injury, you may be able to file a workers’ comp claim so you can receive benefits while you recover. To learn more about your rights and options, call the Law Office Of Joshua Borken at 651-321-0778 to schedule a free consultation.